Monday 8 September 2014

Self Representation

I was born in Leicester on 17th July, 1998 (16 years of age). I have lived there all my life and so speak with a Leicester accent, however I don't think I have an accent at all. All of my family are from England and so I am White British, though some of my distant family live in other countries. I would say that I'm middle class as the school i attend is a middle class school.


I enjoy listening to music in my spare time. Depending on what mood I'm in, the music I listen to will change. I went to Leeds Festival in the summer and saw one of my favourite bands, Metronomy and my love for them grew even more. Other bands I like listening to include Vampire Weekend, Peace The Smiths and Morrissey. As well as these bands, I also love musicals. My favourite musicals are Les Miserables, Matilda (The Musical), Bugsy Malone and West Side Story. 
   




I take pride in what clothes i choose to wear as want to be presentable and respected. I take textiles at AS and hope to carry it on through to university to study fashion or textiles of some sort and so id like to think my knowledge from this contributes to how I plan my clothes. I wear a lot of black and white clothes as they are easy to style. I like to shop in many different stores, I'm not bothered about brand names though so along as i like the look of the product i’d wear it. My favourite places to shop at are Asos, Topshop, H&M and Zara.  










UK TRIBES After looking at the UK Tribes website, I would have thought I'm part of the ‘trendies’ category. This is purely because i like to think i’m up to date with the latest fashion trends. However, if some trends aren’t what i feel comfortable in wearing, i wouldn't force myself to wear them just because its ‘fashionable’. I may follow certain trends and the looks they go for but I don't follow brand trends. Another trend i feel i fit into would be the ‘aspirants’. If i want to do something, i will try hard to get it done and avoid distractions. I have a vague idea of what i want to do in the future and so i know i will have to work to my best ability and take pride in what i do. 

1 comment:

  1. Some interesting thoughts on your self-representation here; you need to complete this task using the UK Tribes website.

    ReplyDelete